Transition Day Information
Virtual Induction Day Friday 3rd July – Suggested Agenda
09.00 Welcome to parents and students
Presented by Assistant Head Teacher & Transition Lead, Mr. Hubbard
Please log into the meeting by clicking this link: meet.google.com/scx-znbk-fwd
09.15 Transition information
Watch our welcome videos and search through all our online materials. Please click on links below to take you directly to each section.
Answer Google Form about virtual tour to see how much you can remember. We will announce the winner at the end of the day!
10.00 Tutor Reading
Watch a video to see how we run our Tutor Reading Programme at Orchard Park. We hope you enjoy the story!
11.00 Sample Lessons
Please log on and have a go at some of our transition lessons. All the information is on the web page – just click the link!
13:00 Lunch – with family
Possible conversation starters:
- Can your parents/carer remember their first day at school?
- What was it like? Get them to tell you their first day
- What was their favourite thing about school?
- What were they most apprehensive about?
- What are you looking forward to?
- What are most apprehensive about?
- What are your hopes, dreams and ambitions for secondary school?
13:30 PSHE Task
- ‘Similarities and Differences’
- ‘Preparing for Change’
- ‘Moving On’
- There are lots more to see here – under PSHE tab!
14.30 Assembly with Head of Year – Miss Goodwin & Mr. Hubbard
This is an opportunity to receive a brief summary of all the information that you need
and an opportunity to ask any questions.
Please log into the meeting by clicking this link: meet.google.com/pxq-cyxv-acc