Queen Elizabeth II – School closure
The official date of the State Funeral is 19th September 2022 and schools will close on this date as a mark of respect.
Following the announcement from Buckingham Palace of the death of our sovereign, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, a period of National Mourning has started and will continue until the end of the State Funeral. This is a period of time for reflection in response to the death of the Sovereign.
The official date of the State Funeral is 19th September 2022. This will be a bank holiday and the Department for Education has stated that schools will be closed on this date as a mark of respect.
The Local Authority has informed us that floral tributes can be laid at:
- The flagpole outside the Town Hall, Katharine Street, CR0 1NX
- Coulsdon Memorial Ground in Marlpit Lane, CR5 2HA
- Norwood Grove Recreation Ground, Crescent Way, SW16 3AL
- St Edward King & Confessor C of E Church, New Addington
- Wandle Park, Cornwall Road, CR0 3RD.
The Croydon Book of Condolence is open at Braithwaite Hall, Croydon Town Hall, Katharine Street for residents to leave messages:
- Monday to Friday – 8.00am to 8.00pm
- Saturdays and Sundays – 9.00am-6.00pm
Orchard Park will have its own Book of Condolences in our Library which we will submit to the Croydon archives. This will be open from Wednesday 14th September until Friday 23rd September.
Ms C. Moran, Headteacher