Ethos & Values
We pride ourselves in our positive ethos which supports and enhances the personal development and well-being of every individual. As a vibrant learning community, we aim to provide the very best learning opportunities where students are challenged, inspired and encouraged to reach their full potential. We are an inclusive school which fosters a genuine sense of respect for the individual, alongside an appreciation of the cultures and beliefs of others.
Each child is supported to develop the skills and knowledge required to be responsible, considerate and well-rounded individuals prepared for the demands of our ever-changing multicultural society and well equipped for adult life.
We believe that the care, support and guidance we provide enable our students to be their best in an environment with the highest expectations.
Our Mission Statement
“Inspiring Lives, Building Futures”
We aim to inspire and empower all members of our school community to:
- Be proud of and serve our school
- Strive for academic excellence
- Nurture all gifts, talents and potential
- Respect, value and love ourselves and each other, and
- Create resilient, lifelong learners ready to take their place as leaders in the world (today, tomorrow and always).
Our school community is built on the core values of:
We encourage all staff, students, parents and carers to support these values in everything we do. We also have a clear understanding and acceptance of the conditions required for effective learning to which we all subscribe and commit to.
- High expectations of academic success leading to GREAT outcomes for our young people.
- High quality teaching and support delivered by passionate, dedicated and specialised staff who are at the forefront of pedagogical development.
- Exceptional standards of behaviour to support learning and teaching.
- A highly effective pastoral system that builds relationships necessary for achievement.
- A curriculum that meets the needs of all students
- Well maintained buildings and resources that enhance learning.
We are a happy and vibrant school where young people are at the heart of what we do; this ensures they can flourish and reach their full potential. Our school is a safe, respectful and happy place in which to learn and grow.