Ethos & Values
Orchard Park High School is a warm, happy and high achieving school.
At Orchard Park, it is our vision that every student who belongs to our school community has a better chance of success than if they attended any other school. We are ambitious for our students; when you visit, you’ll find that students are challenged, inspired and encouraged to reach their full potential.
We are very proud to offer a caring learning environment with disruption-free classrooms, where students can achieve the very best qualifications and skills, broadening their opportunities for the future. We create the conditions for our students to become confident in their personality and ability and the best possible version of themselves. We enjoy working with parents and carers to establish a community centred on high performance and excellence, regardless of a child’s starting point.
Our mission statement
“Excellence, Integrity, Drive and Collaboration”
Our school community is built on the core values of:
We encourage all staff, students, parents and carers to support these values in everything we do. We also have a clear understanding and acceptance of the conditions required for effective learning to which we all subscribe and commit to.
- High expectations of academic success leading to GREAT outcomes for our young people.
- High quality teaching and support delivered by passionate, dedicated and specialised staff who are at the forefront of pedagogical development.
- Exceptional standards of behaviour to support learning and teaching.
- A highly effective pastoral system that builds relationships necessary for achievement.
- A curriculum that meets the needs of all students
- Well maintained buildings and resources that enhance learning.
Orchard Park High School is a thriving, wonderful school, and we look forward to working and learning with you over the coming years.