Keeping Our Children Safe Whilst Using The Internet
Does your child use social media?
Have you put parental controls on their computer/online sites?
Do you know who they are talking to or playing with whilst online?
Can you be absolutely sure they are safe?
There are many reasons why parents of children under the age of 18 should be monitoring their children and teenagers' internet use. Here are some of the reasons:
- This will alert you to cyberbullying and other dangerous activity they may be involved in.
- Safeguard their reputation.
- Keep them safe from online predators using gaming to befriend a child.
- Prevent identity theft.
- Avoid sexting.
- Identify stranger danger – looking for signs.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malware.
- Limit screen time.
- Protect your children’s personal information.
- To be part of their lives and show interest in what they are doing.
Here are some useful links to help you understand the dangers of the internet and how to put parental controls on their games to keep them safe.