At Orchard Park High School we want to support every member of the community to stay mentally fit and healthy.
The STAR – Strength, Triumph, Aspiration and Resilience
The STAR is our school provision dedicated to enhancing and supporting student mental health and wellbeing and is available to all students before and after school via a drop in service and throughout the day by appointment which is based on a referral system.
If you are a young person and require support please visit:
- Off the Record: https://www.talkofftherecord.org/
- Croydon Drop in: http://croydondropin.org.uk/
- ChildLine: www.childline.org.uk Phone: 0800 1111
- Young Minds: www.youngminds.org.uk
- Samaritans: www.samaritans.org Phone: 116 123
In a crisis, text ‘Shout’ to 85258.
For parent support and advice please visit the following links:
- Young minds – Parent support A to Z Mental Health: https://www.youngminds.org.uk/parent/a-z-guide/
- Parent Advice from professionals - https://parentingsmart.place2be.org.uk/
- MIND - https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/for-children-and-young-people/information-for-parents/
- Young Minds, A guide for parents on school refusal and anxiety - https://www.youngminds.org.uk/parent/a-z-guide/school-anxiety-and-refusal/